Free School Meals
How do I apply for Free School Meals?
If you are in receipt of certain benefits and have a household income which does not exceed the current Government threshold, you could be entitled to free schools meals for your child saving you over £300 per year.
Parents or carers in receipt of :
- Income Support
- Job seekers allowance (income based)
- Employment and Support Allowance (Income Related)
- Child tax credit with an annual income which does not exceed £16,190 and NOT claiming Working Tax Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on-paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Children who receive income Support or Job Seekers Allowance (income based) in their own right.
- Asylum Seekers receiving support provided under part 6 of the immigration and Asylum act 1999.
- From 1 April 2019, Universal Credit – provided your household has an annualised net earned income of no more than £7,400 (as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods) (Net earned income is defined as household income after taxes and deductions. It does not include income from Universal Credit or other benefits.
How to apply.
You can apply online at the Denbighshire website.
Once you have applied and been granted free school meals for your children you do not need to re-apply annually, this can be will be amended with any changes to your income.